Default header image

Undergraduate research opportunities

Are you an undergraduate student wanting to dip your toes into water (and) research? You could do so by conducting an independent research project in the School of Environmental Sciences (University of Guelph) under the supervision of Dr. Genevieve Ali. Courses through which independent research projects can be carried at various levels (and for various numbers of credits) include: ENVS*3410, ENVS*3420, ENVS*3430, ENVS*4410, ENVS*4420, ENVS*4430, ENVS*4510, ENVS*4520 and ENVS*4530.

Alternatively, it is also possible for undergraduate students to apply for NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA), or to be hired for fully funded summer research positions.

For more information about the NSERC USRA program, click here.

For summer research positions that may still be available, refer to the “News” page.

Interested in joining the group? Contact Dr. Genevieve Ali. Please note that while NSERC USRA applications usually happen January-February of each year, while other summer research positions may be available until April of each year.